Autumn Apple, Ham and Goat Cheese Salad
Smoky ham and sweet apples are highlighted in this salad with goat cheese, walnuts and a delicate champagne, or balsamic vinaigrette as the dressing.
- 6 ounces cooked Prairie Grove Farms Boneless Ham cut into matchstick-size strips
- 3 5-oz bags spring mix salad greens
- 3 Gala apples, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds OR dried cranberries
- 1 7-oz package glazed walnuts OR 1 1/2 cups toasted walnut pieces
- 1/2 of a small red onion, thinly sliced, halved and separated into pieces
- 2/3 to 3/4 cup bottled champagne OR balsamic vinaigrette
- 1/3 cup goat cheese crumbles
- Combine salad greens, apples, pomegranate seeds, walnuts and onion in very large salad bowl. Pour vinaigrette over mixture; gently toss until lightly coated.
- Spoon salad mixture onto individual salad plates.
- Top with ham; sprinkle with goat cheese.
- Serve immediately