Pan Seared Pork Chops with Easy Pan Gravy
While many struggle to perfectly pan sear pork chops, this technique is foolproof. Use half-and-half for the pan gravy for a rich and decadent sauce, or milk or chicken stock for a lighter sauce.
- 4 boneless Prairie Grove Farms Boneless Pork Chops (about 6 ounces each, see Notes)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or canola oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3/4 cup half-and-half, milk, or stock
- Season the pork chops liberally with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Heat a large stainless steel or cast iron skillet (do not use nonstick or pork chops will not brown very well) over high heat and add the oil.
- Carefully lay the pork chops into the pan, watching for grease splatters, and cook on high for 3 minutes to achieve a golden brown sear on the first side.
- Turn pork chops over, reduce heat to medium, cover, and cook until a meat thermometer inserted into the center of a pork chop registers 130 degrees, about 4-6 minutes.
- Remove pork chops to a platter and wrap tightly in foil to allow the meat to rest and the pork chops will continue to cook, raising the internal temperature to medium.
- While the pork is resting, melt the butter into the pan with the pork drippings over medium high heat and add the flour, stirring to cook the flour for a minute or two to remove the raw taste.
- Whisk in the half-and-half a little at a time, whisking constantly until everything is incorporated and smooth.
- Pour any juices from the pork chops that have accumulated while the meat was resting into the gravy and continue to cook until thickened, another minute or two.
- Either purchase our boneless pork chops already portioned or cut your own from our boneless loin roast or boneless sirloin roast. Cooking time will vary based on the thickness of the chops – using a meat thermometer will ensure they are cooked perfectly.
- Nutrition Facts (using half-and-half in gravy)
- Calories: 390, Total Fat: 25.6g, Saturated Fat: 9.4g, Trans Fat: 0g, Cholesterol: 130mg, Sodium: 122mg, Carbohydrate: 4.3g, Dietary Fiber: 0g, Sugars: 1.1g, Protein: 36.1g, Vitamin A: 5%, Vitamin C: 1%, Calcium: 5%, Iron: 11%
- Nutrition Facts (using stock in gravy)
- Calories: 334, Total Fat: 20.4g, Saturated Fat: 6.2g, Trans Fat: 0g, Cholesterol: 113mg, Sodium: 208mg, Carbohydrate: 2.8g, Dietary Fiber: 0g, Sugars: 1g, Protein: 34.8g, Vitamin A: 2%, Vitamin C: 0%, Calcium: 0%, Iron: 11%