Ham salad is just one of many ways to use leftover ham – see Notes below for 25 more ideas! Serve ham salad on cucumber slices as an easy appetizer, as a dip with crackers, or in sandwiches.
- 12 ounces Prairie Grove Farms ham
- 1/4 cup grated white onion
- 2 tablespoons minced dill pickles
- 1 tablespoon dill pickle juice
- 2 tablespoons minced celery
- 1 tablespoon stone ground mustard
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup mayonnaise, to taste
- Cracked black pepper, to taste
- Minced chives, for garnish (optional)
- Cut the ham into large chunks and pulse in a food processor to mince, taking care not to over process the meat, or alternatively, chop finely by hand.
- Place the minced ham in a medium bowl and add the onion, pickles, pickle juice, celery, mustard, and 1/4 cup of mayonnaise, and mix together. Taste and add more mayonnaise if desired, then season with cracked black pepper. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To save leftover ham for use later, remove any ham from the bone and freeze in portioned containers or bags.