Boneless Pork Loin Roast with Herbed Pepper Rub
Serve this as part of a casual anytime buffet or New Year’s Eve celebration. Partner with Black-eyed Pea Salsa, Sweet Potato Casserole, green beans and Cornbread.
- 2 tablespoons cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pat pork dry with paper towel.
- In small bowl, combine all rub ingredients well and apply to all surfaces of the pork roast.
- Place roast in a shallow pan and roast in a 350 degrees F. oven for 1-1 1/4 hours (18-20 minutes per pound), until internal temperature, measured with a meat thermometer, registers 155 degrees F.
- Remove roast from oven and let rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing to serve.
- Serves 6-8, with leftovers