The parts of this entrée salad come together quickly, and most can be done ahead of time: steaming the broccoli, cooking the pasta, making the dressing. It needs only some hot French bread or rolls to complete the meal
Citrus-Cherry Pork and Pasta Salad
- 1 Fresh Pork Tenderloin, about 1 pound, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 sweet yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon orange zest, grated
- 8 ounces penne, (or other small pasta), cooked & drained
- 3 cups broccoli florets, steamed
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/3 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over high heat.
- Add pork and onion; stir-fry 4-5 minutes or until pork is lightly browned and onion is tender; set aside.
- For dressing, whisk together orange juice, vinegar, salt, pepper and orange zest.
- In a large serving bowl toss together pork and onion, pasta, broccoli, cherries and walnuts with dressing. Serve with crusty hard rolls.
- Wine Suggestion: Try a chilled Sauvignon Blanc or Viognier with this fruit-based salad.
Adapted from Pork Be Inspired
Prairie Grove Farms https://www.prairiegrovefarms.com/